NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

I.+Shank
Back to Article
Back to Article

NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

Ian Shank, Entertainment Writer

“Bohemian Rhapsody: The Original Soundtrack” was dropped for the ears of the masses on Friday, October 13, just a mere two weeks before the Queen biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody” opens up in theatres (if the reactions to some forty-minutes shown to critics are any indication, “Bohemian Rhapsody” will be a massively popular hit with audiences and possibly be a contender for awards season) and audiences witness Rami Malek’s (“Mr. Robot,” “The Pacific,” “Need for Speed”) portrayal of the late Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury (Mercury died in 1991 due to complications with AIDS). One could view the soundtrack of the film as a “Greatest Hits” album of sorts for the legendary rock group, but this album is much more than that. Having heard just a few songs from Queen in my entire life, “Bohemian Rhapsody: The Original Soundtrack” is easily one of the most life-changing musical experience to ever grace my ears. Songs such as “We are The Champions,” and the titular song “Bohemian Rhapsody” have never sounded more clear. What makes “Bohemian Rhapsody: The Original Soundtrack” special is the live recordings of select songs such as: “Keep Yourself Alive,” “Fat Bottomed Girls,” “Now I’m Here,” and “Love of My Life.” When it comes to live recordings, songs can end up sounding like a bizarre concoction of noises with a somewhat clean recording of the singer. This is not the exception with “Bohemian Rhapsody: The Original Soundtrack.” If anything, the aforementioned songs sound just as impactful and clean as their studio recordings. In addition to these, the soundtrack includes a movie mix for “We Will Rock You;” and performances of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Radio Ga Ga,” “Ay-Oh,” “Hammer to Fall,” and “We are The Champions” from Live Aid; and rock-inspired take on the 20th Century Fox theme called “20th Century Fox Fanfare.” This soundtrack is easily one of the best albums of this year and earns five out of five stars.

“Bohemian Rhapsody” stars Rami Malek, Ben Hardy, Mike Myers, and Joseph Mazzello. It is directed by Bryan Singer of “X-Men” fame and is rated PG-13. “Bohemian Rhapsody” hits theaters November 2.

Ian Shank, Entertainment Writer

This is Yearbook Editor-In-Chief Ian Shank’s sixth time in Heritage’s Journalism class. Having been a participant in the organization since freshman...

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

THE MARVELOUS MS. DANVERS

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

BOOGIE WITH BOOGIE

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

SPIELBERG’S LIST (OF ENEMIES)

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

A DESERT ROSE

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Editorials

ON THE CORNER OF MARGARITAVILLE AND THE PORCH OF INDECISION

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

THE NEXT ANIME REMAKE

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

“ISN’T IT ROMANTIC?”

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

Oof.

• NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN

Entertainment

MURDER AT THE WORLD’S FAIR

NUTHIN’ BUT RESPECT FOR MY QUEEN