U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

I.+Shank
I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

I. Shank

Ian Shank, Entertainment Writer

We all remember the attempts of the Snowball dance and several Homecoming dances. Yet, Heritage threw another dance in a final effort to have more dances at the school. This dance, however, was hosted by the U.S. History Through Film class in order to raise sufficient funds to pay Academy-Award Winner Daniel Day-Lewis (“Phantom Thread,” “There Will Be Blood”) to come and perform his most iconic scenes from “The Last of The Mohicans.” Day-Lewis himself said it would cost about $420,00,012.68 for him to come to Heritage and perform. The class knew it would be no problem to raise that kind of money. Tickets started at $800 per person. VIP tickets, which granted you valet parking, costed a mere $1,100. The dance started at 8:00 am on Saturday, October 20, and featured Yearbook Adviser Garrett Peace as the DJ. Being DJ, Mr. Peace alternated between playing  “Africa” by Weezer, “Pyramid Song” by Radiohead, and “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire on repeat. Snacks included Gamer Grub, original Chex Mix, and Go-Gurt. Not to mention the Kool-Aid Jammers and lukewarm La Croix served as drinks for the event. The theme for the dance was “Illuminati and Lizard-People.” Students were encouraged to wear an eyepatch to only have one eye showing and bring any and all reptiles to the dance. Unlike all the other dances Heritage has hosted, this dance was held in the guidance office. Pamphlets for scholarships were turned into sheets for the three tables used, and fliers for the military became napkins, which were ornately folded into swans by the General Journal’s very own Shane Morehead. Also, this dance hit the record for the highest number of people attending a dance at Heritage, outside of Prom: two. If this dance was any indication about the future of dances here at Heritage, it’s safe to say that there will be more in the future.

Ian Shank, Entertainment Writer

This is Yearbook Editor-In-Chief Ian Shank’s sixth time in Heritage’s Journalism class. Having been a participant in the organization since freshman...

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

TACO.

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

A SONG FOR A BUMPY ROAD

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE . . .

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

OOPS MAK DID IT AGAIN

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

CASSIE THE COOKIE MONSTER

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

WHY STEM

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

ONE LAST PERFORMANCE

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

MOVING ON UP

• U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE

Editorials

WHY ROSS IS THE WORST

U.S. HISTORY THROUGH DANCE