THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

K.+Thornburg
Back to Article
Back to Article

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

K. Thornburg

Karli Thornburg, Sports Writer

It was a dreary Friday afternoon in Ringgold, Georgia. The sky was black, and the citizens were like zombies. Nah… I’m just kidding; we actually had a pep rally at school – everyone was fine. The sky wasn’t black. But it was really cold and rainy. Anyways, that’s beside the point. My sister and I decided to take a trip to Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge, TN. Anyone that has ever been to Gatlinburg knows that the drive is a few hours – like three and a half hours at the least depending on traffic. Anyways, my sister and I were jamming out to music on the way there, and we talked about things. Just all in all, we had a good drive… until I fell asleep. Once I fell asleep, my sister had said that I had been asleep for almost an hour until she decided to slam on her breaks and throw me in the floor just to wake me up. Once I was awake, she didn’t want me to be awake for a specific reason other than wanting to sling me in the floor.

Once we were in Pigeon Forge, where our hotel was, we unloaded the car and went to eat at Blue Moose. After that, since it was so late, we went ahead and went back to the hotel. None of us could sleep, so a friend of ours and I went to Food City and spent 20 dollars on sleeping medicine and looked like complete drug addicts.

The next morning, we decided to go ride go-karts and play in an arcade. While I was riding the go-kart, my calf decided to give up on life and almost die. Also, I was in first place whenever this decided to happen to my calf. After riding go-karts, I rode the mountain coaster and thought I was going to fall off, but I didn’t. And then, after that, I rented a four wheeler and rode the four wheeler for about an hour while my sister rode horses.

After we rode horses and drove four wheelers, we went to eat at the restaurant “Dick’s Last Resort,” and, of course, if you’ve been there, you know what happens. The hats that you get with the writing on them are really funny. Our friends that were with us, Jessica and Kayla, work together at a nursing home, and they’re really good friends. So, Jessica asked Kayla to take a picture of her hat close up even after she had already taken 5 pictures inside the restaurant. Once she asked for a picture close up, she kept backing up that way she couldn’t take the picture, and they both got mad and started arguing. After that, everyone decided it would be best if we left Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. So, sadly, the end of our trip was because of a ridiculous argument, but it was still cool.

Karli Thornburg, Sports Writer

Karli Thornburg is a sophomore at Heritage, and it’s her first year taking Journalism. She is a soccer player and has been for 3 years now. She likes...

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

HERITAGE IS CLOSING

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

WORKING GIRL (PT. 2)

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

TACO.

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

A SONG FOR A BUMPY ROAD

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE . . .

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

OOPS MAK DID IT AGAIN

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

CASSIE THE COOKIE MONSTER

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

WHY STEM

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

ONE LAST PERFORMANCE

• THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING

Editorials

MOVING ON UP

THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING