MOCS FLY HOME

P.+Johnson
Back to Article
Back to Article

MOCS FLY HOME

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

P. Johnson

Paige Johnson, Sports Writer

UTC started their season on August 30, 2018 as they played against Tennessee Tech. They took a victory over Tennessee Tech 34-10 and continued their win streak until September 29. They won against teams the Citadel, UT Martin, and Samford. On the 29th, they played ETSU and lost 14-17. Following the ETSU game, they played Wofford and lost 10-21. Their greatest defeat took place when they played Western Carolina and won 26-6. On October 27, they played VMI for their homecoming game.

Their homecoming game was an intense one, but they still snagged a win. Ten minutes into the first quarter, and UTC was falling behind by fourteen points. With five minutes left in the quarter, they scored their first touchdown when Bryce Nunnelly received a sixty-four yard pass from Nick Tiano. At the beginning of the second quarter, VMI scored, making the score 21-7. By the time the quarter was over, UTC had tied the score. For their second touchdown, Tyrell Price ran one yard into the endzone after 17 plays. For their third touchdown, Will Young caught a seventeen yard pass from Nick Tiano. During the third quarter, it seemed as though no one was going to score. That is until UTC scored with four minutes left when Tyrell Price ran five yard into the endzone. They did not get all seven points, however, for Victor Ulmo’s kick was no good. With nearly five minutes left in the fourth quarter, Alex Trotter ran nineteen yards into the endzone after eleven plays. This gave UTC a two touchdown lead, but VMI managed to score just one more time. The Mocs played a good homecoming game and finished with a leading score of 34-27.

Paige Johnson, Sports Writer

Paige Johnson is a freshman at Heritage High School, and this is her first year taking journalism. She is enrolled in all honor classes and would like...

• MOCS FLY HOME

Editorials

STAFF SPOTLIGHT: GRACE JAMES

• MOCS FLY HOME

Editorials

STAFF SPOTLIGHT: COOPER HAMILL

• MOCS FLY HOME

Editorials

ALWAYS ON THAT GRIND

• MOCS FLY HOME

Entertainment

OF COURSE IT’S GOING TO MAKE SOMEONE MAD: IT’S A VON TRIER FILM

• MOCS FLY HOME

Editorials

342 DAYS TO GO!

• MOCS FLY HOME

Entertainment

AROUND THE GLOBE IN 80 DAYS

• MOCS FLY HOME

Entertainment

TIME FOR THE VILLAINS TO WIN

• MOCS FLY HOME

News

SINGING IN THE ALL-STATE (CHORUS)

• MOCS FLY HOME

Editorials

HERITAGE IS CLOSING

• MOCS FLY HOME

Entertainment

INFILTRATE HATE

MOCS FLY HOME