Coming Soon: Legally Blonde

Samantha Ward, News Editor

With rehearsals now underway, Legally Blonde is planned to hit the stage November 21 and 22. Legally Blonde is about how a blonde girl named Elle Woods gets into Harvard in order to win back the love of her life, Warner Huntington III, but plans change when she discovers just how much she is capable of. Ms. Peters, one of the directors, said, “I think it’s a good story about stereotypes and breaking down those barriers between how we judge people.”  The directors chose this show because they knew they wanted to do something completely different from last year’s Wizard of Oz, something modern and funny. Peters said, “When I heard the music and saw the types of roles the show had, I knew it would be a good fit for the kind of kids we have.” Though this is a humorous, light-hearted show, the music is still excellent. “I have listened t o it a million times and am still not tired of it,” said Peters. Along with returning people, the cast includes many new faces from the freshman and sophomore classes. The biggest surprise Peters got from auditions was the amount of guys interested, especially those like Blake Dean (playing Warner) who nailed their auditions. The overall hope for the show is that it will be an open door for students to realize how interesting, creative, and enjoyable theater truly is. For those die-hard princess fans, do not think that Heritage is getting rid of the idea of beloved Disney shows; they are simply taking a break from it for now. Peters hinted at plans for a Disney show in a couple of years.