Happy Birthday, Mr. Callaway

Gavin Anchondo, Staff Writer

Everyone loves celebrating birthdays and this past week, students got to celebrate the birthday of one of our awesome teachers! Mr. Callaway’s birthday was this monday and he turned fifty five. Students sang happy birthday to him all day long and wrote letters saying how much he means to them and the impact he has had on their lives. Many students just wanted the opportunity to say thank you for all he does. He is a hard worker who never stops pushing and motivating his students till they reach their highest point. He doesn’t want to let them just settle for okay. He wants them to strive for, and be the best they can be. 

I personally got to work on planning some of his birthday activities with Audrey Smith. She thinks very highly of Mr. Callaway and this is what she had to say when I asked about her thoughts on him.

“I wouldn’t be where I’m at today as a player. I’m here because his guidance has allowed me to grow into a great musician. He always gives his all to the band and is always ready to go. He always wants to help you get better as a player and a leader” she explains. 

So with all the birthdays of the students we celebrate, don’t forget the staff birthdays! They enjoy it just as much as the students. So for Mr. Callaway’s birthday, the band wants to thank him and let him know appreciated he is. The band wishes him another great year!