The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

What’s Going On? (August Edition)

Hailey Drafahl

Ringgold Events-

Ringgold Depot Opry– August 12th

Cosmic Strangers & Emily Roberts & Friends all in one night for ONE show only. August 12th 7:00pm $10. cash @door

Choo Choo Covair Classic– August 26th

Come see Corvairs that were only manufactured from 1960 to 1969. A great car that was ahead of it’s time. Cars trucks and vans that many have not seen. Restored vehicles modified vehicles and project cars. you may even find some for sale. Door prizes and 50/50 drawing to support a group of Corvair Enthusiasts.

BIG RICH BROCK COMEDY “Third Time’s the Charm” Live Comedy Special– August 10th

Big Rich Brock is recording his third comedy special, with guest comic Bobby Daniels at the historic Ringgold Ga Depot on Aug. 10th @ 7PM

18th ANNUAL ST. JUDE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL CAR, TRUCK & MOTORCYCLE SHOW– August 19th

This is car, truck and bike show to benefit St. Jude Children’s Hospital in memory of Rebekah Davis. All makes and models welcome. We will have Top 5 in over 20 classes, specialty trophies, 50/50 drawing, silent auction, over 100 goodie bags, and tons of door prizes. Dj playing music and good food. Vendors welcome! T-shirts for sale also. Silent auction. Inflatables and pony rides for the kids. 15 dollars to pre-register and 20 dollars day of show for vehicles. Spectator is free, but we will have a donation bucket. All money raised goes to the hospital. Come out and help us raise money for the children battling cancer.

Leads At Lunch– August 8th

Description Join us for our LEADs @ Lunch Meeting to enjoy networking and lunch at Farm to Fork.

Chattanooga Events-

Family Fun Day– August 12th

River City Company and the Children’s Entrepreneur Market invite the public for a very special version of Family Fun Day on August 12th at the Chattanooga Green. Returning are all of the attendee favorites of a typical Family Fun Day including free kite building, art making, crafts, coloring, and music, but in addition, over 40 children with ages ranging from 5- 16 will be representing a wide variety of their very own businesses. 

Chattanooga Fall Home Show– August 19th

The Annual Fall Home Show is on August 19 & 20, 2023, at the Chattanooga Convention Center brought to you by the Home Builders Association of Greater Chattanooga and EPB Fiber Optics. If you are planning to build or remodel your home a trip to the Fall Home Show is the perfect place to start!

Hundreds of booths with products and services for new home construction, fall fix-ups, whole house renovations, landscaping, and more.

FarleyCon Pop Culture & Comic Book Expo– August 12th

Get ready for the ultimate celebration of pop culture and comic books – FarleyCon Pop Culture & Comic Book Expo is back and better than ever! Join us at the Camp Jordan Arena on August 12th and 13th, 2023 for an action-packed weekend of special guests, comics, toys, artists, authors, cosplay, panels and more.

Fireworks Friday | Lookouts vs. Smokies– August 25th

Join your Lookouts for FUN at AT&T Field as we take on the Tennessee Smokies, Double-A affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. After the game, fans will see a spectacular fireworks show! Price: $8.00

Sourdough Basics – IN-PERSON CLASS — The Chattery– August 10th

In this class, we will be discussing and tasting one of the most important ingredients to a delicious cocktail – bitters!

Participants will learn the history of bitters, what they’re used for, and how they can use them to make even better drinks. The class includes two cocktails for tasting!

At the end of the class, everyone will leave with recipe cards and instructions on how to impress your family and friends.

Atlanta Events- 

50th Anniversary of Hip Hop – Movies in the Park- August 19th

This will be a family fun movie screening in the park celebrating Hip Hop music and the influence on culture.  We will have food trucks, activities for kids and music.

Piedmont Park Arts Festival– August 19th

This is the ideal summer festival to enjoy the outdoors, browse for irresistible art and crafts as well as appreciate the beauty of Atlanta’s largest park.

Queens of the Stone Age– August 18th

SoCal rockers Queens of the Stone Age will perform live at Fox Theatre on August 18 at 7:00 PM.

Lionel Richie– August 22nd

INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR LIONEL RICHIE

AND LEGENDARY MUSICAL POWERHOUSE

EARTH, WIND & FIRE ANNOUNCE SING A SONG ALL NIGHT LONG TOUR, WHICH INCLUDES A STOP IN ATLANTA AT STATE FARM ARENA ON AUGUST 22!

BeREGGAE Music and Arts Festival– August 11th

EVENT DESCRIPTION: The BeREGGAE Music & Arts Festival is a three day, free & family friendly, music festival celebrating music, art, food and business of global Black culture.

Nashville Events-

Bully– August 31st

Bully THU, Aug 31, 2023 @ 8:00 PM Brooklyn Bowl Nashville, Nashville, TN

Luke Bryan– August 12th

Country phenom Luke Bryan will perform live at Bridgestone Arena on August 12 at 7:00PM.

Kansas– August 19th

KANSAS: 50th Anniversary Tour – Another Fork in the Road will showcase music spanning all 50 years of the band’s illustrious history. The tour will showcase two hours of hits, fan favorites, and deep cuts rarely performed live.

Deep Tropics Music Festival– August 18th

Deep Tropics, is not just the greenest music festival in the USA, but also the perfect fusion of music, fashion, sustainability, and blissful tropical vibes. It’s an unforgettable experience praised by the likes of the New York Times that captures the essence of Nashville’s vibrant culture, returning this year for its 5th edition.

Ocean Alley– August 14th

Live your best life at Brooklyn Bowl when you elevate your experience with a premier Lane Package. Eat. Drink. Rock. And Roll.TWO HOUR LANE PACKAGE

Heritage Events- 

Pep Rally 

18 August, 2023 – All Day

Football at Home vs. Ringgold 

18 August, 2023 7:30PM – 10:00PM

Softball at Home Vs. Central Carroll

22 August, 2023 5:30PM – 6:30PM

Fall Picture Day

24 August, 2023 – All Day

Football at Home vs. East Hamilton

25 August, 2023 7:30PM – 10:00PM