The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Heritage Generals Had a Rocking Vacation

Maryetta Williams

As we are coming back to the new school year there were a lot of exciting things that happened with students over the break. The Generals were very busy during the summer! Tia Eaves, a sophomore, went on a mission trip to Portland, Maine, for a week. “I went to a really fun baseball game while down there. It was almost like the lookouts, but better,” Tia says. Maddie Carlyle, also a sophomore, was very busy this summer at Orange Beach as she swam in the ocean and got a tan! She says, “The highlight of my trip was definitely swimming with dolphins, they were very friendly.” If you think that is exciting just listen to what Toby Carpenter, a junior, says about her experience at an Ed Sheeran concert in Nashville, Tennessee! “My favorite part was when he sang “Love Yourself,” and of course the fireworks.” Kevin Yang, a sophomore, was busy this summer in New York playing tennis and visiting, “The Great Mall of America.”  In addition to that a sophomore, Lorelai Canady, spent her break riding horses in the jungle of Puerto Rico, “We stopped at a waterfall, and we went into a lake that was fresh water. They picked mangoes off the ground, and we ate fresh mangoes off the trees!” I hope everyone enjoyed their summer as much as some of these Heritage Generals did!