The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

What’s Going On? (September Edition)

M. Petteys
Photoshop by Hailey Drafahl

Ringgold Events –

KB 5K– September 7th

The KB5K is a very special race being added to the Butterfly Festival this year in remembrance of those who ran ahead of us to heaven. This 5K is going to be run on the Heritage High School campus to honor those who went before us. There will be remembrance signs posted throughout the course as a way to honor our loved ones. We would LOVE for you to join us with all of the proceeds going towards Live and Love Ministries’ ongoing ministry to bereaved parents.

DEKA Strong– September 23rd

Attention Ringgold! Spartan DEKA & Our House Studios are excited to introduce our new challenge designed to test, gamify and celebrate your fitness. Spartan DEKA STRONG consists of (10) functional training zones with zero running. Compete and Earn your DEKA STRONG Mark and start training for DEKA FIT 2023! Sign up NOW! Limited Spots Available.

TRP Comedy Club– September 15th

Join us for a night of improv and stand-up comedy at The Historic Ringgold Depot!

Once Upon A Time (A Magical Musical)– September 3rd

Sunday, September 3 meta Once Upon A Time – A Magical Musical Join us for a unique storytelling of three classic fairytale musicals – Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin.

Micro Wrestling Federation Returns to Ringgold, GA!– September 10th

Let’s get ready to rumble at the Circus Tent Arena with the Micro Wrestling Federation!

Chattanooga Events –

Moon River Festival– September 9th

All the latest line-up announcements, date confirmations and ticket details for Moon River Music Festival 2023

Live Music at The Westin– September 1st

Looking for the perfect way to relax, unwind and kick off your weekend in style? The Westin Chattanooga is just the place to be. Every Friday and Saturday night, we host live music.

Ladies Night– September 5th

Tuesdays are Ladies’ Night at Food Works with 1/2-priced appetizers, $5 martinis, cocktails & house wines!

Labor Day 5K For FCA– September 2nd

Come run the Labor Day 5K for FCA race in Chattanooga this September

(be) caffeinated Bakery (opening)– September 16th

We will soon be opening our own bakery to help us ensure that all of our locations stay stocked with fresh baked goods. Stay tuned for more details!

Atlanta Events –

Music Midtown 2023– September 16th

Buy Music Midtown Festival – Saturday (Billie Eilish and The 1975) in Atlanta tickets from Vivid Seats for the concert on 09/16/2023 and shop with confidence thanks to our 100% Buyer Guarantee.

Tate McRae– September 25th

Concert of Tate McRae!

Wave To Earth– September 2nd

Learn more about the upcoming Wave to Earth event taking place in Atlanta.

Lil Tracy’s 30 Days Of Night Tour– September 21st

Gametime is offering last-minute concert tickets to Lil’ Tracy at Masquerade in Atlanta, GA

Revolt World– September 22nd

EVOLT WORLD FRI, Sep 22, 2023 @ 12:00 AM Pangea Studios, Atlanta, GA

Nashville Events – 

Vance Joy– September 1st

Aussie singer Vance Joy will perform live at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on September 1 and September 2 at 8:00pm

Woman Of Country Tour– September 14th

This one’s for the girls. (Available for guests ages 21 & up) Celebrate the trailblazing women – Dolly, Carrie, Reba, Trisha, Lauren, Loretta, etc. – who continue to give country music its sparkle.

P!NK: Summer Carnival 2023– September 22nd

Award-winning songstress P!nk is coming to Nashville for her brand-new Summer Carnival Tour! See her live in concert at Geodis Park on Sep. 22, 2023

Nickel Creek– September 4th

Bluegrass trio Nickel Creek will perform live at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on September 4-6 at 8:00pm.

Paul McDonald’s “ONE BIG LOVE” Music, Food, & Arts Festival- September 21st

Music, food, & art festival highlighting some of the most inspiring and upcoming musicians, artisans, and chefs in Nashville. About this Event

Heritage Events – 

Pep Rally- September 1st

Volleyball at HOME (JV and Varsity)- September 7th

Powder Puff Football- September 15th

Senior Trip to Atlanta Braves- September 20th

Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally- September 29th