The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Homecoming Court: McKenzie Boland

M. Petteys
M. Petteys

McKenzie Boland was picked to be part of the Homecoming Court. She was thrilled when she learned that she was chosen as the freshman candidate for the upcoming homecoming festivities. McKenzie is very involved at Heritage High School! She is a track and field athlete, after her meets she stays to cheer on her team. She also plays for the Heritage volleyball team not only that but she is involved in many clubs at Heritage High School! She is a fantastic athlete and teammate she is described as gregarious. Some of the clubs she is interested in are SGA and FCCLA. People describe her as gregarious. She is always willing to try new things and be more a part of the Heritage community.

When McKenzie is faced with a challenge—academically, socially, or athletically—she gives it her all and tries her hardest. Her favorite subject in school is English as she is naturally very good at it! She wants to be a therapist when she gets older and thinks psychology is very interesting! She chose Mr. Crowder, a beloved middle school teacher, as her sponsor. She has a close connection with him because he helped her when she was struggling in his class. Mr. Crowder says, “McKenzie is so social that she can get along with everyone. She can impact a large group of people or with someone individually. She truly represents the fighting 5-Star Spirit of her class and school.” Her enthusiasm, school spirit, and ability to bring people together made her an excellent choice for the homecoming freshman candidate.