The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Homecoming Queen Candidate: Emily Lin

M. Petteys

Once again, Emily Lin has been nominated to be a member of the Heritage Homecoming Court. This is Emily’s third time being voted by her peers to represent the class of 2024 for Homecoming. She feels honored and excited to be in this position again. 

One of Emily’s closest friends, Maggie Chen, describes her as, “a very determined, kind, and reliable.” As a member of quite literally almost every important club or organization, she is very involved here at the school. The main clubs that she participates in include band, NHS, NEHS, SGA, and the Thespian Society. In her free time, she enjoys playing the flute. Emily also takes great pride in her ability to crochet. 

M. Petteys

The title of “Homecoming Queen” isn’t the most exciting part of being nominated to Emily. She is much more excited about all of the things she will get to do rather than worry about who is chosen to be Homecoming Queen. However, this year is different from the past times she was a member of the Homecoming Court. She gets to design a golf cart for the parade. The golf cart will have a floral theme with colorful flowers draping the cart. She also plans to wear a red gown that she has been looking forward to wearing. 

Emily Lin has been here before for a reason. She represents her class well, and hopes to continue that trend into this week of Homecoming.