The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Emperor Candidate: Grayson Stallings

One of the candidates for the Emperor Race this year at Heritage is Senior Grayson Stallings. He said that he didn’t quite expect to be chosen, but also that it wasn’t a complete surprise considering that he is the president of the senior class. In school, he likes math and says that his math teacher, Mrs. Wolfe, makes him enjoy it more. Before coming to school, he starts his day off by getting dressed and then eating his breakfast at home. After this, he comes here to Heritage to attend all of his classes and lunch. Following this, he takes part in extracurriculars such as cross country, track, and soccer. When he heads home he said that he usually stays up until around midnight completing homework and talking to friends.

One of his friends, senior Hunter Brookshire, says that the one word that could describe Grayson would be charismatic, and he says he is very kind and always nice to people. Hunter also says that Grayson is “outgoing and just a real fun dude to be around.” His personality is Hunter’s favorite trait of Grayson’s. Grayson pushes Hunter to keep going when he feels he doesn’t want to keep doing the things he’s doing. Grayson is pumped to be in the race for Emperor this year at Heritage. He and his friends hope that he will be able to raise the most money for the Children’s Fund and be chosen as Emperor of the Taj for this year’s Homecoming.