The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

The Mystery of Spencer Cordle

Ian Grant meets with Spencer Cordle, new Journalism staff member, to discuss what motivates people, the importance of family, and Batman.
Ian

Spencer Cordle is a fourteen-year-old freshman at Heritage High School. He enjoys playing video games or anything related to art in his free time. Also in his spare time, Cordle likes to watch the show “Gotham” and everything else about Batman. In the movie realm, he loves the first “Hotel Transylvania” movie and is very adamant about not liking the sequels.  

When asked about his views on motivation, and what it could mean to someone, Cordle said, “I think motivation is complex because everyone needs motivation in different aspects and different ways. Especially if someone has grown up not having the most money or the best home life. They may need more or less motivation and someone to inspire them.” Cordle also stated that one of his biggest fears is losing his family because they are a huge part of his life. The freshman stated, “If I lost my family, I would literally pass out or die.” 

Spencer is a huge supporter of positivity and social interaction.  He said that it motivates him to put himself out there when seeing people interact. Another thing Spencer loves is cats, but the only thing he doesn’t like is how much they shed. However, he claims it’s okay because they are “cute.”  On a side note, Cordle stated that if he could pause a moment in his life, and just enjoy it one more time, he would choose the moment he went to Universal Studios with his family, because “it was an awesome time, the roller coasters were amazing, and our family grew closer together than ever before.” 

Spencer, along with his family, likes to describe himself as “goofy, quite hilarious, and a smarty pants.” Some even describe him as devilishly handsome,  and having immaculate rizz levels, higher than Buzz Light Year. On a side note, Spencer says that his hero is his mother because she’s a very hard worker; she’s also very nice and brings a positive attitude everywhere she goes.  

Salem, Massachusetts, is where Spencer would live out of anywhere, because “it’s just really cool, and the history behind everywhere that has gone down there would make it better.” But he also noted that the problem with living there is that he probably couldn’t stand living anywhere else besides Georgia, because he needs to be able to go to his mom’s house at all times.  In conclusion, even though Spencer may love things like “Hotel Transylvania” and “Gotham,” he loves his family the absolute most, and they are very important to him in his life. He needs his family, for support, happiness, and, most importantly, to make him a better person.