The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

General Journal Photography: 10/20 – 10/27

More to Discover
About the Contributors
Spencer Cordle
Spencer Cordle, Staff Writer
Spencer Cordle is a 14-year-old student at Heritage High School. He is a part of the General Journal staff but is looking for new clubs to join. He loves all things related to art, music, and cooking. He can always be found listening to music, drawing, or hanging out with his friends. His current favorite band is Insane Clown Posse, but he also loves early 2000s pop. He listens to music all the time and can’t hear people when they talk because of it. He also loves to cook, bake, and watch cooking shows to yell at the contestants, even though he isn’t much better himself. Outside of his hobbies, he also loves to hang out with and help people however he can. He always tries to be there for his friends and family, even if he can’t help much. Family is very important to Spencer, and they are his top priority. He has two brothers and a sister, and he is the oldest of them all. He is very excited to be part of "The Legacy" and cannot wait to see what his freshman year will bring.
Thomas Scherzer
Thomas Scherzer, Staff Writer
Thomas Scherzer is a sophomore this year at Heritage High School. Thomas Scherzer involves himself in many activities both inside and outside of school. Thomas always tries to make sure he betters himself on whatever he is doing and becomes a better person. Thomas Scherzer enjoys playing soccer and reading, but throughout all of his free time he usually is working out. He really likes going to the gym. Over the summer, Thomas worked as a lifeguard at the local amusement park's water park at Lake Winnie. He likes school--but only when it is in a class he likes. Thomas likes English, Science, and Social Studies, but hates Math. He currently plans on going to college but is unsure of what he wants to pursue. Despite this, the future's still bright to Thomas and his dedication to what he puts his mind to will help. Although he doesn’t know what he wants to do, he is very passionate about anything he wishes to. During his year, he wants to contribute to playing sports. He is very excited for the year in Journalism and to see what will happen.
Alyx Quist
Alyx Quist, Editor
Alyx Quist is a 15-year-old sophomore who is in the Heritage Class of 2026. Their favorite things to do include reading, writing, listening to music, and hanging out with their close friends. Usually, they read sci-fi books, but they do enjoy the occasional romance or suspense book. Some music artists that Alyx likes are The Goo Goo Dolls, Mitski, Queen, Gorillaz, Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, and The Brobecks. They currently have seven animals at home, four of them being cats, the other three being dogs. When they graduate from Heritage, they plan to go to a college located in Georgia. After (or possibly during) college, they hope to pursue a career related to Journalism, so they are very excited to be able to learn more in this class. They feel extremely thankful to be able to spend their high school years here at Heritage and are super excited to be able to participate in Journalism this semester!!
Shalaya Williams
Shalaya Williams, Staff Writer
Shalaya Williams is a 16-year-old junior new to Heritage High School and the Journalism staff. She is looking forward to trying new things this year. Shalaya was a part of the Adairsville High School Basketball Cheerleading squad and the Theater department helping design sets of plays. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, listening to music, drawing, and hanging out with friends. Some of her favorite music artists are Chase Atlantic, Arctic Monkeys, Lil Peep, Lana Del Rey, The Neighborhood, and $uicideboy$, along with many other amazing artists. Her favorite kind of books are Romance, and some of her favorite books are "Icebreakers" by Hanna Grace, "The Cat and Mouse Duet" by H.D Carrlton, and a new series she started, the "Never After" series. When she's not reading, she enjoys spending most of her time with her friends from Adairsville on the weekends and is looking forward to going to haunted houses, fairs, and many other things this year. When Shalaya graduates, she plans on turning her art into tattooing or writing her own books. She is very creative and can't wait to see what her future brings her!
Kaya Bradford
Kaya Bradford, Staff Writer
Kaya Bradford is a freshmen student attending Heritage High School. This is her first year of Journalism, and so far it has been her favorite class to attend. In Kaya’s spare time, she enjoys listening to (a LOT) of music, including Tokio Hotel, Radiohead, Baby Keem, She Wants Revenge, Kendrick Lamar, and many other artists from varying genres. She also enjoys reading, writing, drawing, and some other various creative outlets. Kaya also loves spending time with animals, including her cat “Baby-Cat,” who was originally a stray but is now a proper housecat. One thing Kaya wants to do one day is attend a Tokio Hotel concert or a Radiohead concert. She also enjoys quite a few movies and shows, including "New Girl," "Criminal Minds," "Heathers," "Tokio Hotel TV," and all of the "Harry Potter" movies, though she says "Goblet Of Fire" is the best one. Kaya’s favorite books include "Lord Of The Flies," "One Of Us Is Lying," "Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire," and "IT."  Kaya also enjoys comedians and Youtubers Kurtis Conner, Danny Gonzalez, and the Sturniolo Triplets. Most of all, Kaya enjoys spending time with her friends and family. 
MaryEtta Williams
MaryEtta Williams, Staff Writer
Maryetta Williams is a 15-year-old sophomore attending Heritage High School. She tries to be involved a lot in the Heritage community. This is Maryetta’s second semester in Journalism, and she is an all-Honors student. Maryetta plays club volleyball during the fall/winter/spring. She is in HOSA and will soon complete the Health Occupations pathway. She works very hard to have good grades, so she can have a good GPA for college applications. Language is Maryetta’s favorite subject in school. Maryetta hopes to one day work in the medical field. In Maryetta’s free time she likes to swim, hang out with friends, and read books. She lives with her mom, stepfather, brother, and two dogs. Payton and Murphy are Maryetta’s dogs: Payton is a Lab/Boxer mix, and Murphy is a miniature Schnauzer. She loves to listen to music; she finds it to help with anxiety a lot. Some of her favorite artists include Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridgers, Lorde, and Olivia Rodrigo. She also loves to read books: "Red Queen," "The Selection," and "Legend" are some of her favorites. Maryetta is very excited to see where the rest of her high school will take her in the future.