The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

What is Heritage’s Favorite Christmas Movie?

As the year starts to wrap up, Heritage students were asked the most important thing of the year: What is their favorite Christmas movie?
Natalie Ferry

So we all know how exciting Christmas is for not only kids, but adults too. The decorations, homemade ornaments, Christmas lights, hot cocoa, and gifts wrapped by the Christmas tree create a warm & cozy atmosphere for everyone. At Heritage High School we did a survey with 107 students, deciding the best Christmas movie. The results were shocking…

The overall top Christmas movie was concluded to be “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” (Live Action, released in 2000).  Finn Dempsey, one of the HHS students who picked “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” as their top movie said, “Used to watch it all of the time, even during the summer, and it just has stuck with me. Plus, Jim Carrey’s in it.” Coming in second place was “Home Alone.” Kinsley Cheatham chose Home Alone for their favorite Christmas movie beacuse “Every year my grandmother gets us these ornaments as a present and they normally represent either a hobby or big accomplishment or event that had happened in our lives that year.” Lastly, the third most liked Christmas movie is The Polar Express. Keely Simmons chose this movie because “This movie has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. It helped me find comfort when the holidays got tough, and it holds a very special place in my heart.”  Mrs. Johnson, a teacher at HHS, stated that her favorite Christmas Movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life.” She said she chose this movie because the angel in the movie, Clarence, reminds her a lot of her Dad. “This movie was always very sentimental to me, and makes me think about my Dad.” Mrs. Johnson said. Overall these movies are considered the best of the best according to students at HHS. If you haven’t already seen these classics, then I highly recommend watching them this Christmas season!