FFA TAKES SONORAVILLE BY STORM

E.+Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

Heritage High School’s FFA is taking a trip to Sonoraville for an annual speaking event on Tuesday, January 30 through the 31. They have chosen two people to speak at this event, Isabelle Hill and Bryce McDaniel. Isabelle Hill will be speaking about humane slaughter, and Bryce McDaniel will be speaking about an improvised topic, meaning he will be given 30 minutes to write about a given topic and he will then present that topic. Ms. Shearer has chosen this event to provide multiple types of learning experiences. One reason is to show that FFA and agriculture is not just living on a farm and caring for animals or planting crops, but that it is a useful skill that students will be able to use as they apply the skills learned in FFA everyday. The other reason is to give the opportunity for students to participate in public speaking.

Future Farmers of America (FFA), now known as the National FFA Organization, is an intracurricular student organization for students who are interested in expanding their agriculture and leadership skills. FFA remains devoted to individual students and providing those students with a route to receive a better understanding of being in premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through an agricultural education. Today, FFA continues to help and encourages the next generations of students to rise and meet the challenges through helping the members develop their own distinctive talents and expanding upon their interests through a broad range of agricultural pathways and other pathways.