NOTHIN’ BUT NET

E.+Smith
Back to Article
Back to Article

NOTHIN’ BUT NET

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

Special Olympics is something everyone has heard of but is sometimes underrated, due to not being the actual Olympics. If you don’t know what the Special Olympics is, it started in 1968 and is a non-profit international competition, modeled after the famous Olympic games. It is still cool to watch, even if it is not the actual Olympics because you get to see some of the most amazing students participate in Catoosa County’s smaller version of the Olympics. The most recent Special Olympics that Heritage High School was able to participate in was the State Winter Games in Cartersville, Georgia. The sport they played was basketball. The people who chaperoned and helped out were Mrs. Trentham as the head basketball coach and Ms. Tubbs and Ms. Murray as her assistants and helping out with other things. Five other students who joined to do “partner plays” were also there to help out. Those students were Macy Couch, Katie Sullivan, Lillyann Cook, Graham Trentham, and Terry Thomas.

Although the State Winter Games is over, there are other events that are going to take place. The next event will be at Ringgold Middle School on February 23 where the team will be playing basketball again. After that, there will be another event at Ringgold High School on May 17 where the students will participate in track and field. The summer events, State Summer, will be on May 18-19 in Atlanta, Georgia where they will be competing in swimming and volleyball with a possibility of participating in track and field.

Emily Smith, News Writer

Emily Smith is 16 and is enjoying her junior year at Heritage High School. She is a 5th year swimmer, and has been apart of the American Sign Language...

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

Editorials

STAFF SPOTLIGHT: GRACE JAMES

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

Editorials

STAFF SPOTLIGHT: COOPER HAMILL

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

SINGING IN THE ALL-STATE (CHORUS)

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

THE MARTIAN BREAKTHROUGH

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

RACE TO THE TOP

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

AN UNINTERRUPTED VIEW OF AN AUTHOR

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

DONATE TO THE FOOD DRIVE!

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

WINNERS NEVER QUIT

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: RYAN HAYES

NOTHIN’ BUT NET