NOTHIN’ BUT NET

E.+Smith
E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

Special Olympics is something everyone has heard of but is sometimes underrated, due to not being the actual Olympics. If you don’t know what the Special Olympics is, it started in 1968 and is a non-profit international competition, modeled after the famous Olympic games. It is still cool to watch, even if it is not the actual Olympics because you get to see some of the most amazing students participate in Catoosa County’s smaller version of the Olympics. The most recent Special Olympics that Heritage High School was able to participate in was the State Winter Games in Cartersville, Georgia. The sport they played was basketball. The people who chaperoned and helped out were Mrs. Trentham as the head basketball coach and Ms. Tubbs and Ms. Murray as her assistants and helping out with other things. Five other students who joined to do “partner plays” were also there to help out. Those students were Macy Couch, Katie Sullivan, Lillyann Cook, Graham Trentham, and Terry Thomas.

Although the State Winter Games is over, there are other events that are going to take place. The next event will be at Ringgold Middle School on February 23 where the team will be playing basketball again. After that, there will be another event at Ringgold High School on May 17 where the students will participate in track and field. The summer events, State Summer, will be on May 18-19 in Atlanta, Georgia where they will be competing in swimming and volleyball with a possibility of participating in track and field.

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

LETTERS AREN’T JUST FOR SPELLING

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

SPRING PLAY REVISITED

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

SHOUT OUT TO THE SHOUT-OUT

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

A NEW SYSTEM

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

HOSA GOES TO STATE

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

BLOOD DRIVEN

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

THIS WEEK IS UNFINISHED

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

ONE FINAL RIDE

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

SHINING SCHOLARS

• NOTHIN’ BUT NET

News

PREPARING FOR AP

NOTHIN’ BUT NET