A WEEK OF AGRICULTURE

E.+Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

National FFA Week is this week, and FFA is wanting students to participate in the activities this week. National FFA Week was created to celebrate the purpose for agriculture and all of the things it can help with. Tuesday is FFA T-shirt Day. They are going to take a club picture during lunch. During Tuesday, they are going to start a donation drive for food, toys, treats, and more to give to shelters for the animals without a proper home. The North Georgia Animal Alliance planned to rescued three dogs from the Walker County Animal Shelter during lunch. Wednesday is Preppy Planter Day. Students are allowed to dress in a “southern prep style” and attend the first annual run for the Roses Heritage Derby that is happening during lunch. They are planning to set up outside with stick horses and then allow students to race in several runs. The student with the fastest time will be able to win a prize. The prizes will include fake roses and an FFA t-shirt.

Thursday is the day students will be allowed to dress up like a Farmer or Farm Animal. During lunch, FFA will be walking around giving out agriculture facts and a kiss from a farmer.

Friday is where students will be encouraged to wear a flannel shirt that is preferably Heritage colors all day. If the weather is permitting, then TMMA Farms in Summerville, GA will be bring alpacas. The alpacas will either be set up on the band practice field or on the field outside of the main entrance.

Students are encouraged to participate in National FFA Week.