ARE YOU READY?

E.+Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

Graduation is coming up, and it is time for you to either get a job, go to college, or maybe both, but some do not really know what they are looking for. Therefore, Heritage is holding College and Career Day in the auxiliary gym on Wednesday, April 18. Colleges like Dalton State, University of North Georgia, Shorter University, and many more will be present at the event. Groups like the Army, Navy, Marines, Catoosa County Sheriff’s Office, and Catoosa County Fire Department will also be there for students to talk to. There will also be National Businesses and Industries like Lake Winnipesaukee, Chattanooga Zoo, Jason’s Deli, and Regions Bank. These are just a few places that will be there. Heritage wants everyone to have access to talk to the employers, employees, and administrators who work there. This will give students an opportunity to explore and see a lot of the new options that will be available for students after they graduate. It will also help students not feel like they are in a rush to try and find a job or a college. Some of these opportunities will also be available to students who are still in school. Heritage just wants its students, whether graduating or not, to have a chance they may not be able to receive outside of school. This could also help with summer jobs, and students could potentially learn about the work-based learning program a little more. Even if you are a freshman, it is encouraged that you attend, and hopefully by the end of it, you may have an idea of what you might want to do.