A CLASS’S FINAL DESTINATION

E.+Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

This Thursday, April 12, the Health Occupation group class will be going to the Georgia Northwest Technical College. This class is ran by Mrs. Henley and Mr. Janow, and they are allowing the students to take this trip to show them how a college class works and to see which ones are available to them. Everyone knows that there are some students who may not want to go to college or who are not able to afford a college like Georgia University or The University of Tennessee, but Mrs. Henley is hoping that going here will allow her students to see what options they have that are local instead of going out of their way to see what they can afford far away from their local area. If you are unaware with how a Technical College works, it provides different teaching skills that will apply to everyone, so it is good for those who learn better doing the activities or are visual learners. The Health Occupation students will be able to see that Georgia Northwestern provides different opportunities like Nursing, EMT, Dental Hygiene, etc. If the students are not sure if they want to continue their career in the medical field, the college also provides Early Childhood Education, Welding, Automotive, Cosmetology, and so much more. The best part is most of these programs allow you gain a degree, certificates, and licenses in the span of 2 years. This will be an amazing opportunity for the students who participate in the Health Occupation class.