THE DANCE FLOOR IS CALLING

E.+Smith

E. Smith

E. Smith

Emily Smith, News Writer

The prom has always been a rite of passage for the youth. It is the moment of our lives that no one wants to ever forget; it is a day of hopes and dreams. It’s the night when Heritage High School Students get to shine as bright as the north star while dancing with those they have grown close to throughout the years. Students are motivated to dance away all of the drama of the school year at the 2018-19 Prom, hosted by The Signal. The Signal is a new venue for Prom, located at 1810 Chestnut Street in downtown Chattanooga across from Finley Stadium. Some students may be wondering, though . . . what is the theme?

Heritage High School is proud to reveal that this year’s prom theme is Bohemian Night, also known as Coachella. This will be the night for everyone to embrace their flower child spirit and rock the nonconformist look. Before doing so, however, you must be in dress code. Girls are allowed to wear strapless and spaghetti strap dresses, as well as backless dresses and two- piece dresses. However, those who wear backless dresses must make sure it does not go below the navel. And if you have a two piece dress, it can not show a midriff that exceeds one inch. For all of those with dresses that have a slit up them, you are unable to exceed mid-thigh, this contributes to the fingertip length dress code. The guidelines for the dress suits/tuxedos included formal prom attire, and shirts should be worn at all times. Those who wear a tuxedo are not permitted to wear an athletic cap to the prom. Everyone should not have visible undergarments, nothing see-through, tight, or low cut. Students are allowed to wear dress shoes and athletic shoes, such as Converse, to the prom. Those who do not fit dress code will be unable to enter the facility.

Once a student leaves the facility/grounds, they will not be allowed to re-enter. If there is an emergency, staff, security, or administrators are able to accompany students to their vehicle. Considering this is a school event, all school rules apply and those who break any of the normal school rules will be disciplined for their actions. The Signal will provide security and will have a security checkpoint; this may include a bag check, so do not be surprised. It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of these rules and dress code regulations.

Students are able to purchase tickets in Mrs. Wilson’s room, 1201, during lunch ONLY. The tickets will be available for presale on February 20th – March 15th for $65 each. The regular price is $70 for each ticket and will be sold on March 18th – April 25th. If any student has any further questions you will be able to talk to Mr. Franks, Mrs. Wilson, or Mrs. Guest. Everyone is encouraged to submit a song they would want to hear from the DJ on Google Classroom, as many times as you want. So join us on Saturday, April 27th, 2019 and have the most amazing time of your life!