Heritage Hosts Butterfly Festival This Weekend

Briley Simpson, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again, when the people of Ringgold come together to celebrate the annual Butterfly Festival. The festival is an event sponsored by Live and Love Ministries and it was founded by Jason Carter along with his wife Amy Carter. “[The Butterfly Festival] is an event to honor the life of our daughter Katie Beth, who was killed in a car accident on Labor day in 2016,” Mr. Carter explained, “and to thank the community for their love and support.” The festival is family-friendly, and people of all ages will be sure to enjoy the many activities available. This includes live music, a petting zoo, face painting, inflatables, food vendors, arts and crafts, a balloon and butterfly release, as well as local artisans and businesses. 

This year’s event will be held at Heritage High School, per tradition. It’s on Saturday, September 4 from 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. The cost is 10 dollars per person with a maximum of 50 dollars per family. All proceeds from the festival will help contribute to Jacksonville State University and to the funding of Katie Beth Carter Memorial Scholarships at Heritage High School. 

Make sure you come on down and join in on the fun. You are not going to want to miss it!