The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Heritage’s New Teachers: This is Mrs. Hamill on The Phone

Briley Simpson

There is a bunch of new staff at Heritage this year! Mrs. Hamill is the new receptionist at Heritage High School. Prior to Heritage Mrs. Hamill worked as a receptionist at the Center for Sports Medicine. Her Past customer service experience helped lead her to the position at Heritage. As a receptionist she has many responsibilities. Some of her responsibilities at Heritage calls for her to answer the phones and emails, deal with bus changes, computer work, and help people with certain questions they may have when going to the main office. She welcomes visitors to Heritage and provides information to students, teachers, and parents. Mrs. Hamill was led to Heritage for many reasons. She chose to apply for Heritage because it’s a closer commute to work and gets to work great hours!  She explains, “I have worked in the school system before, and I needed something a little less complicated.” She has lived in the Ringgold area for many years. Her kids Jared and Morgan Hamill graduated from Heritage ten years ago. Her favorite part about working at Heritage is getting to interact with the students, and faculty!  She says, “So far my favorite part about heritage is getting to see all the students.” Ultimately she is a great addition to the Heritage community.