The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Heritage’s New Teachers: Meet Mr. Dempsey

Natalie Ferry

This year Heritage High School has gained many fantastic staff to join our friendly and educational community! One of these additions is Mr. Dempsey. Dempsey is currently teaching personal finance, economics, US history and overall many social studies subjects for every grade. He acquired his wide range of knowledge from many schools: Truman State University, University of Missouri, and Southwest Missouri State University. Through these schools Dempsey received an Associates in Business Administration, Bachelor’s in Political Science, and Master’s in Education. He began his teaching career in the 2000s, and started teaching at schools in Missouri—ranging from elementary to high school. Mr. Dempsey decided to come to Heritage because it is close to where he lives, his children’s school, and he enjoys the environment of Heritage. He says it is different from other schools he has worked at since “the schedule is based on block schedule rather than a seven period day.” This is useful because it gives him more time to focus on teaching the subjects effectively. He is really enjoying Heritage so far stating, “It’s been a really great first week.” He is glad he became a teacher because gets to watch learn and grow through his teaching and support. Mr. Dempsey is going to fit right along with the Heritage community and make a great impact at Heritage!