The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Emperor Candidate: Max Owens

M. Petteys
M. Petteys

Max Owens is a senior at Heritage High School and is part of the running for the homecoming Emperor Race. When learning about his friends voting for him, he said “It felt great, I have a lot of friends in the majority of my classes. So I kind of expected it, but it felt awesome.” During the race, Max feels confident about the amount of money he’s raised so far. He states “Even though there is a lot of competition, I’m still really confident in the campaign and the progress and money we have raised.” 

Along with the campaign, his sponsor is Coach Hight. Owens stated, “I chose Coach Hight because he’s my coach for all of my sports, and he’s inspiring, and he’s a big reason I play.” Aside from the Race, he’s a huge contributor to his sports teams. When playing sports, he plays football, basketball, and baseball. When he plays, he’s a leader in all three sports, which he contributes to success. In football, he plays the wide receiver position, in basketball, he plays guard or small forward. Finally, in baseball he plays all the positions the team offers him. He plays sports because he’s very passionate about each of them, and tries to enjoy every second he gets the opportunity to play. After sports, his daily routine consists of many different things. He states that “Most of my days after school, are taken up by practice. But when I get home, I usually put my focus on trying to do his homework and go to the gym. 

In conclusion, even though he has many things to do whether it’s hanging out with his friends, or taking on big roles in sports. He’s very focused on being the best and winning the Emperor Race.