The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Emperor Candidate: Braden Ford

M. Petteys

Upon hearing his name called as an Emperor candidate, Braden Ford was ecstatic. He was very surprised to hear that he had been nominated. Although surprised, Braden is very excited about the opportunity. The thing that excites him most about his nomination is getting the opportunity to do a bunch of fun things to raise money for the Catoosa County Children’s Fund. Braden chose Mr. Shipley to be his sponsor because he feels like they will work together very well.

Braden plays nose guard on defense for our football team. He loves playing with all of his friends—. Some of his best high school memories have come from his time on the team. In school, his favorite class is Forensics with Mr. Johnston. He is also enrolled in the construction classes at the new Catoosa County Career Academy. 

Outside of school, Braden loves hanging out with his friends. He enjoys going out on his boat with family and friends. On an average day, he likes to sleep in for awhile, make plans with either his family or friends, and tries to always keep busy. One thing you may not know about Braden is that he truly considers himself to be the most “country” boy around. He takes great pride in that. 

Braden is very excited to be a candidate to be the Emperor of the Taj. He is thankful for the opportunity to raise money for a good cause and to have a good time while doing it.