The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Homecoming Queen Candidate: Allie Boyd

Beasley Photography

Allie Boyd is one of the senior representatives to be the 2023 HOCO queen out of five seniors. She was super excited when her name was announced to be chosen. “It’s an honor to me. I’ve always wanted to be on the court my senior year,” she states with a glowing smile. Allie is so excited and has so many activities to look forward to. Her favorite part was to “get to dress up and have my parents out there with me standing beside me because they’ve been my biggest supporters.” Alongside her are the representatives McKenzie Boland, Lorelei Canady, Lexi Berry, Sophia Benavides, Harper Carstens, Caroline Hamilton, and Emily Lin.

Allie chose her mom, Mrs. Boyd, who is a teacher at HMS, as her teacher sponsor. She said, “I chose my mom not only because she’s my mom, but she has been my biggest supporter and she has taught me more than any other teacher. I wouldn’t want anyone else to escort me.”

Allie is a huge part of Heritage. She is involved with Journalism, Beta Club, NHS, Tech Team for musicals, and the soccer team. Her favorite is Journalism because she is the Co-editor of the yearbook. Outside of school, she hangs out with family, writes, and paints. Also, her favorite memory with her family is at “Universal because we’re just having fun for like 24 hours straight. That’s the best time.” 

After high school, Allie wants to go to the University of Tennessee to major in psychology. She is interested in psychology because she finds it fascinating to learn how people’s brains work—specifically, criminals’ brains. “My mom is obsessed with watching “Dateline,” and she wanted to be a lawyer so I started watching it, too,” she says.

Briley Simpson is another Co-editor of the yearbook and one of Allie’s best friends. Briley can agree with everyone that Allie is an amazing person who is “compassionate” and “multifaceted,” Briley says. Cole Denton is also one of Allie’s best friends. He thinks that she is very “passionate.” Briley said,” I just feel like I’m a better and stronger person because of her.” We are so proud of Allie and can’t wait to see where she ends up in life. Her care in journalism really provides the needs for her future career. Vote for Allie Boyd to be HOCO queen!