The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Homecoming Queen Candidate: Sophia Benavides

M. Petteys
M. Petteys

No one represents Heritage High School like Senior Homecoming Representative, Sophie Benavides! For as long as she has been here, Sophie has upheld the characteristics of being a General. Fellow classmate, Presley Thomas, said, “She is everything HHS stands for. She honors the school, she honors herself, and she honors others.” Sophie is a part of many activities here at Heritage, such as, BETA, NHS, The Legion of Generals Marching Band, and Winter Guard. She enjoys these activities because they allow her to form deeper relationships with other people. Her favorite, however, is Winter Guard. She loves all the girls and is honored to be Guard Captain. Guard teammate, Haley Wyer, stated, “She works her butt off every single day in school as well as guard, never letting anything get in her way.” Outside of school, Sophie enjoys spending time with her dogs and continuing her long standing job as an employee at Chick Fil A.

M. Petteys

During the pep rally as names were being announced, Sophie never expected to hear hers. “Honestly I was so shocked,” she explains, “I didn’t even know I was in the running.” Now that the daze has worn off, Sophie is really excited for all the perks that come with the position, but especially getting to walk through the flag entrance at the football game. She commented, “Since I’m in the guard every single year we do the little flag entrance for the homecoming court and I’m excited to be on the other side of that.” This Homecoming season is sure to be full of new experiences and fond memories. Sophie is making it her mission to soak up every bit of it.