The General Journal

The student news site of Heritage High School

The General Journal

The General Journal

Heritage’s New Teachers: Mrs. Jones Takes on HHS

Briley Simpson

Mrs. Britt Jones is one of the newest members of the Heritage family. She has been a special education teacher for over ten years, and she’s continuing that here. Previously, she has worked in Hamilton County at Normal Park Elementary School as a Paraprofessional. Then at Franklin Williamson County School System in Tennessee as a Special Education teacher. Then Walker County and in Dalton City. She has taught grades Pre-K through 9th grade and now 10th grade here at Heritage. She works as an all year Special Education teacher. With the transitions of schools and grades, heritage is different then her other school because she “is getting used to the maturity level of the older kids and not having to watch every little thing.” When she teaches, she follows a motto. Her motto is do unto others as you would have them do unto you: the Golden Rule and she always treats kids how she treats her own kid. Mrs. Jones said, “I love working with kids and seeing when they finally get it or have that ‘Aha’ moment and just making those relationships and being a positive influence.” In her free time, she is a big reader and loves spending time with family. Her favorite authors are Flannery O’Connor and Ernest Hemingway. Also, she loves swimming in the summer with her husband and one daughter whom is now in college. We are so excited to have Mrs. Jones here at Heritage and learn new things from her!